Business owners are now using social media to promote their products and services. In fact, over 35% of businesses have a social media marketing budget in place to help them reach their fans on these pages. If you are a business owner who wants to increase online presence, loyal customers and profits while having fun, it is time to join the other businesses that are using social media to their advantage. But, before taking the plunge, keep the six things below in mind to ensure you get off to a good start.
- Know Your Audience: The type of audience you’re reaching considerably varies and changes from one product to the next. Know your audience and what they’re looking for from your company. Give them what they want and you’ve done what it takes to get your business booming the way that it should be.
- Know When to Post: There are certain times of the day and night that are better times to post than others. Learn these times and post during these hours to receive the most interaction from your posts. Keep in mind this varies from one site to another and one industry to another.
- Keep it Personal: Yes, it is business, but social media is personal and that is exactly what customers like and want. When they feel that personal connection to your brand, they’re bound to become the loyal customer and fan that helps your company thrive. Respond to comments, show your personality, and most importantly, always have fun using social media for your business.
- Join Instagram: Instagram is the second-most popular social media site out there. It is filled with people of all ages but is popular with the under 30-crowd. If your products/ services pertain to those in this age group, learn how to gain Instagram followers and take the plunge. It is easy to buy followers and get them by posting great photos. And, no matter what type of business you offer, a photo always speaks high volume.
- Use Several Different Networking Platforms: Social media sites are plentiful, giving you an opportunity to reach as many people as you want in as many areas of the world is possible. Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube are among the most popular of the sites, each providing their own unique platform to promote and reach an audience. Use several sites to get the most benefit from networking.
- Promote Your Pages Often: Don’t forget that cross-promoting is important. Each networking platform that you are a member of provides a platform to advertise your other sites, website, pages, etc. Take advantage of this free promotion and look into some of the paid tools as well. The more promotion, the better!
Keep these tips in mind and you’re ready to ace the social media networking for your business. They’re the start of many tips that business owners need to succeed. Are you ready to take that step for your business?